Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default space heater

On Jan 31, 9:35*am, "Existential Angst"
wrote:
"RBM" wrote in message

"William Hufham" wrote in message
Hi, recently I had refridgerator trouble and asked for help. I was given
information on how to find the problem and fixed it. I was actually able
to fix it by replacing the heating element. Worked GREAT! Now I have a
Farenheat space heater problem. It comes on and immediately cuts off
then cuts back on and cuts back off this repeats several times and then
it will work for a while. It then cuts off and the process begins all
over again. Any suggestions on the problem and how to fix it would be
most appreciated. If it is going to take a repair part please let me
know what part to buy. Thank You -William (from Carolina Beach NC)

Somewhere on the unit is a high temperature cutout, possibly a small
round disk with wiring terminals on it. It may be defective. As a test
you can remove the wires from it and connect them together, then test the
heater. If it works properly, replace the temperature cutout

Funny, tho, that the thing acts up, starts working OK *after* a while, then
acts up again.

One Q that hasn't been asked: * * * * *Is the unit electromechanical or
solid state?
If solid state, it *could* be the hi temp switch, but it could also be a
zillion other things.

If solid state, you can bypass all that crap, but still include the limit
switch and tilt switch, if there's one of those..
But, this way, you don't have heat settings, the thermostatic control, and
the on/off switch is the plug. *It's worked for me. *

Does HD really have heaters for $20?
Hmmm.... *lessee.... * the cheapest I see is 28.97.
Some dollar stores have them for under $20.

Stormin Mormon don't really need heat, tho. *When you have 12 wives, you
pretty much produce quite a bit of your own heat.... *He proly needs lots of
vitamins, tho.... *Oysters/zinc???
--
EA

Yea 13-20 people in a single wide cant take much more btus anyway