Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - iPad in the news today ...

Robert Haar wrote in
:

*snip*

It doesn't seem targeted at that. It is described as a new class of
device, not a smart phone and not a laptop.

Now it may be that this new class doesn't meet your needs. I'm not
convinced that I want one myself. But recognize that Apple is pitching
this as something different.

Sorta like something a person can carry around with them and keep track of
their appointments, contacts, and business notes? Look Apple's invented
the PDA!

Sure would be interested if it was Newton reincarnated. Sounds like it's
got a lot of the features I'd include if I could redesign it.

Puckdropper