Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default OT - iPad in the news today ...

Robert Haar wrote:
On 1/29/10 10:54 PM, "Mark & Juanita" wrote:

Some other things not so cool:
1) No flash support

This is a good thing. Flash should die and be replaced by HTML 5.

When the browsers that most people use support it then perhaps it will come
into widespread use.

2) Only allows you to run a single application at a time

Not completely true. On the iPhone, built in apps do multi-task, just
not third party ones.

Didn't those morons learn anything from the pre-OSX Mac?

More like an iPhone on steroids than a real computer.

It doesn't seem targeted at that. It is described as a new class of
device, not a smart phone and not a laptop.

Now it may be that this new class doesn't meet your needs. I'm not
convinced that I want one myself. But recognize that Apple is
pitching this as something different.

But what? If they can't tell you what it does for you in a single sentence
then they're fighting an uphill battle. So far the only simple summary I
can think of is "ipad--it looks cool".