Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New employee test for "metalworking skills"

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Let the Record show that "David R.Birch" on or
about Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:07:12 -0600 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Occurs to me, that at least two interviews are needed. The
HR to discern if the person is a leech, or a worker. And
someone from the plant, to see if the candidate has the
technical skills.

Most of the shops I've interviewed in send you to the guy you're going
to be working for first, then HR.

The one place where I went to HR first, the interviewer's description
of the company management made me not bother with the rest.

After a group orientation for a company, which ran a rotating
shift - twelve hour days (two on three off, three one two off, etc)
for two weeks, then reverse for two weeks on nights, a bunch of us
left before it got went any further. I didn't want to have to carry a
calendar to know if I'll be free on Saturday. and then said "I've only
been here a half hour, and already I have a bad attitude about working
here." Twelve hour shifts and an hour's drive in good traffic, each
way? I might not have much of a life, but I do have one.

Try 16+ hour days, three on, two off, two on, one week and three off,
two on, two off the next. I had a year of that in the US Army, at an
AFRTS Radio & TV station The Saturday & Sunday rotation could hit 40
hours in just two days.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.