Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias[_2_] Mark Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default Onkyo TX-SV717Pro will not come out of standby.

"Tim Schwartz" wrote in message
On 1/28/2010 12:27 PM, Gary L. Woodruff wrote:
I have a Onkyo TX-SV717Pro that will not come out of standby. PS is
sending 13v out. i have checked the output transistors and they are
good. does anyone know of a common problem for these amps?

Gary

Gary,

I have a recollection of a different model from the same era (TX-SV414PRO)
that had some 1/4 watt fuse resistors that would open. These were on the
main board. Sorry I don't remember the values, but they were under 100
ohms, and I think it was R921,922,923,924. I'd always change all four,
and upgrade them to half watters.

Again, I'm recalling from a different model so this may not apply.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

I'm pretty sure it does apply. Very similar inside. These models were real
"cookers". There was a very involved mod which involved actually cutting
away the burned area and adding a daughter board complete with regulators. I
never did this mod myself. These units weren't worth it even back then...

Mark Z.