Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve[_52_] Steve[_52_] is offline

Default OT - How Unique!

On 2010-01-30 17:09:06 -0500, "Leon" said:

Ford certainly makes a good looking truck but IMHO they are spending
more on looks than dependability and that is probably the single
reason why the imports are starting to gain on the big truck market.
I absolutely hated the looks of the new 07 Tundras. I shopped Ford,
GMC, Chevrolet and Toyota. I have only owned GM trucks and was totally
turned off by both GMC and Chevrolet.

After years of driving Volvos (including the 1800S and ES!), I switched
to Toyotas. We've been quite happy with them. Maybe not exciting cars,
but certainly drivable.

Then I was seduced by a gloriously yellow ("DOT yellow") Chevy
Colorado. I liked that truck -- it was the right size, had some
amenities, and it was YELLOW! But there were some niggling little
things, like the radio antenna. It was just about 1/4 inch too near the
windshield for the wiper blade to clear when you scrubbed the
windshield. And the parking brake peddle snagged my cuff EVERY time I
got in the damn truck...

But the real kicker came in the three months immediately prior to the
warranty expiration.

Month 3: replaced the heater blower motor (under warranty).

Month 2: replaced the heater blower motor (under warranty).

Month 1: replaced the heater -- bet you thought I was going to write
"blower moter," didnt you? -- control switch.

Month 0: replaced the truck. I'm back in a Toyota. It's red.

Able to haul a lot of wood and machinery in that, too!