Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hold my beer - I'm gonna try try something (Follow Up)

Keep us posted!
Martin

Morris Dovey wrote:
On 1/26/2010 1:43 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:

I've just ordered a 20"x100' roll of the 0.002" stainless steel, and
I'll see how well that works.

Well, the stainless arrived and it isn't much like I'd expected...

I ordered Type 321, which is a stainless/titanium alloy good for
temperatures to 1800°F. I'd expected something pretty much like kitchen
aluminum foil, and this stuff is more like armor plate! I don't think
wrinkles are going to be a problem, and even at only 0.002" it feels
almost structural.

Woodpeckers beware!