Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT - iPad in the news today ...

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 18:29:11 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:300120101004293926%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
In article , Swingman
wrote:

According to Dvorak, et al, in "Cranky Geeks" this week, Adobe is
dying to get flash onto the iPad, but the megalomaniac Jobs will
have none of it.

Dvorak aside, Flash is an abomination. H.264 and/or HTML 5 will
hopefully push it into the pit it deserves to live in.

I recently had to order some items by phone because the website kept
freezing. Infact I could only research the items on an old site that
ran glacially slow. When discussing this problem with the lady on the
phone she said tha the problem had started six weeks ago and their
"webguy" couldn't figure out the problem. They were worried because
of all the complaints and decreased sales.

I asked her if they had any design work done on their website
recently. And, of course, the "image overhaul" got done just before
the problems started. And these geniuses did not make the connection.
Duhhhh......

I mentioned that I got some error messages concerning Flash. I told
her a couple Flash horror stories. She had never heard of Flash
before. I also told her that many designers were in love with Flash
and were ****ing people off all over the place. And not to expect
them to be honest about it. She was frantically writing notes and was
going to take it to her boss. The boss was getting upset that the web
people were not solving the problem.

A classic example of an artsy fartsy designer screwing it up for
everybody. Hopefully they will take this"web designer" out and shoot
him. The world will be a better place for all of us.

Far as I'm concerned Adobe is the antichrist for foisting Flash and the PDF
and Postscript off on an unsuspecting world,

....and then charge an arm and _both_ legs for use of their tools to
work with 'em...

but that ship has sailed,
they've won, and any viable system has to be able to cope with them in the
modern world. Maybe Osama will fly a plane into them or something but until
that happens we're stuck with their crap.

They're the Micro$oft of graphics, though their products do work after
a monstrous vertical cliff of learning. I hate to go from Photoshop to
GIMP, but I may in the next computer. I doubt Adobe will allow me to
move the CS over to Win7, even if M$ does.

--
Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire,
you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.