Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best Drill Bit For Gummy Aluminum?

Tim Wescott wrote:

It seems to me (sitting here in my armchair, yards from my shop) that it
may be easier to make a jig to pre-punch the holes. I.e. hold the part,
locate the holes, let you pre-bash a nail or equivalent through them to
get 'em started.

I could see getting fancy and making something that punches all necessary
holes with one stroke of a lever, or something as crude as a few holes in
some angle, through which you run a nail and bash away.

If the aluminum is thin enough, you could modify a three hole paper
punch.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.