Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default New employee test for "metalworking skills"

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:07:12 -0600, the infamous "David R.Birch"
scrawled the following:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Occurs to me, that at least two interviews are needed. The
HR to discern if the person is a leech, or a worker. And
someone from the plant, to see if the candidate has the
technical skills.

Most of the shops I've interviewed in send you to the guy you're going
to be working for first, then HR.

The one place where I went to HR first, the interviewer's description
of the company management made me not bother with the rest.

What a treat: You found an honest HR department employee!

--
Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire,
you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.