Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus10246 Ignoramus10246 is offline

Default New employee test for "metalworking skills"

On 2010-01-30, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
Ignoramus7752 wrote:
Some people are really good at bull****ting and manipulation and only
deep digging (asking detailed technical questions) can sort out those
BSers.

In any job interviews, I always ask "hard questions" that bull****ters
will not be able to answer correctly.

The worst interview suggestions are "body language" based suggestions,
paying attention to body language is truly a great way to get screwed.

I'll second that. I am an electrical engineer and have interviewed many
an engineer. Two cases stick out, both June grads from name
universities looking for their first job:

The EE football player. The interview was a struggle from the start and

Yep. There are two foolproof interview tips that I know.

1. Use proper body language indicating that you are honest and earnest
person. (very easy)

2. If possible, get the interviewer talk about himself or herself.

These do not guarantee employment if the interviewer is smart like Joe
Gwinn, but they guarantee a very warm fuzzy feeling.