Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Rethinking my mobile bases

It wouldn't work in my teeny tiny basement shop, but elsewhere it makes
a lot of sense. Thanks for planting the idea seed, Morris.

I admit I cringe a bit at the thought of carrying one of these things
down or up a flight of stairs these days.

I've had two basement shops where it might have worked really well if
the forks had been shortened from the standard 48" (~1.2 m)to somewhere
in the 30-36" (~.75 m) range.

Mine is the lightest NT carries and has a load capacity of 4400 pounds
(~2000 kg) which is well beyond any anticipated use.

I'd guess that most of us OFs already have this issue under control but
might be useful to folks just starting out if, as you point out, shop
space permits.

My armstrong equipment lifter isn't quite what it used to be - two
grandsons elbowed me aside, loaded it into the truck, and unloaded it
for me. Show offs.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar