Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Rethinking my mobile bases

On 1/30/2010 3:15 PM, Swingman wrote:

What's the _minimum_ height you're going to have to raise a tool sitting
on a wooden base?

That depends. My Unisaur and jointer would need to be raised at least
three inches to get the forks under - but others (BS, RAS, shaper,
router table, workbench, ShopBot) only need a horizontal support member
at least three inches above the floor. I think my drill press may fit
(but others' may not) between the forks but I'm not sure - I'll check
when I get this thing out to the shop.

I don't plan to decommission any of the bases I already have, but I do
wish I'd thought about this back when...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar