Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_3_] Steve B[_3_] is offline

Default New employee test for "metalworking skills"

"jk" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote:

And the electricians were barred from moving freight. When crafts respect
each other's jobs, there's more work.

The hell there is! There is the same amount of "work" just more
people getting paid for standing around not doing part of it.

I didn't want to hook up electrical wires that I knew little about, and I
didn't want to turn over my fork lift to someone who didn't know how to
operate it. So, you have key personnel, and then the other usual suspects
surrounding the people actually getting the work done.

You might have observed for a day or
two, but you didn't learn much.

The convention business in Vegas is dismal. Light years away from what it
was decades ago. Out of towners, and under the table deals.

Gee and what do you think drives that????????????

Greed. Pure and simple. And union give aways over the years. Changing
rules that allow people to work there who have no business working there and
taking Teamster jobs. As for the industry itself, the economy has weakened
the amount of conventions, pure and simple.

Steve, who retired with 37 yrs. Teamster Union, a decent pension, and
continuing good benefits.

jk