Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_3_] Steve B[_3_] is offline

Default New employee test for "metalworking skills"

"David R.Birch" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
But, would you prefer an employee that knows nothing but is able and
willing to quickly learn everything, or an employee that knows
everything
and can't be taught anything?

RogerN

When I was in business, I would never hire anyone who had been in a
union.

Steve
Too bad, I was in a union and the most important lesson I learned was
how bad they were.

But you wouldn't hire me in spite of my having learned my lesson.

David

I remember you. You wanted the break between the application and the
interview.

Nope, I was the guy being told by my fellow union members that my
productivity was making them look bad.

They asked, "why do you do more than you have to?"

I replied, "self respect, why would I do less than I can?"

I was not a good union man.

But you are too narrow minded to hire me.

Or for me to want to work for you.

David

David, I was in a union for 37 years. I hear you when your fellow workers
tell you to slow down, or you're the first to get laid off because they want
to take longer with the slower ones.

I was referring to "good union" men. Sounds like you do not fit that bill.

Steve