Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why aren't refrigerators & freezers designed to benefit from outside cold air?

There are water cooled condensors on the market. It might
not be cost effective to build a system using such. A
commercial refrigeratiron company can build something.

Or, you can run the cold water through automtove radiator,
and use a fan to blow air through the fins. Return the
warmer water to the pond.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Phisherman" wrote in message

We have not seen this because a practical design has not yet
been
considered. I'd like to use the 55-degree water from my
spring-fed
pond to cool my house during hot summer days, but it is
easier just to
get into the pond. If you want an efficent refrigerator,
the one
with the thickest insulation is the one to get.