Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - iPad in the news today ...

Steve wrote in news:4b63ec3c$0$5105
:

*snip*

In spite of all that, I doubt I'll be buying an iPad. I know I won't be
buying a Kindle. I prefer my books on real real paper, not on aetheric
vapours.

*snip*

Have you had a chance to read a book on a Kindle? It's not worth buying
yet, but the reading experience is quite good. (I want the DX model that
can display PDFs. Electronic manuals on a portable device would help quite
a bit when the computer's far away.)

Slightly OT: PDF is usually disappointing, it can be done well but rarely
is. Most companies scan and release documents as PDF. (That's why I call
it Printing Document Format)

Puckdropper