Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst Existential Angst is offline

Default Fender washers.... funny thing...

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Steve B wrote:

A 5# box, which I estimate holds about 1,000, cost $14 -- a price diff
of
factor of 10!

I have friggin boxes and boxes and jars and jars of fasteners. Just
because
I'm too cheap to pay what they want for ten of them. But when I need
something, I go to the bins rather than make a run to the hardware store.
And if I do have to run for fasteners, I buy them by the box and have a
stock of them.

I hit the local scrap metal yard first. They have a few tons of
surplus hardware they sell for $1.50 a pound.

You are blessed.
The scrap yards by me pitch *everything* in 30yd containers, to be hauled
away.
Sheeit, they won't even save pristine 1x3 alum bar, much less save hardware.
--
EA

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.