Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Job box in DropBox

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
I modified a contractors job box for easy access to tools. See it at
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/JobBox.pdf

Bob

Nice job, Bob. But, hey, I thought I was the only one that salvages PC
cases for the sheet metal content.

Not just PC cases, but I've recycled mini computers and IBM mainframe
cabinets. I have the frame from an old IBM key to disk terminal that I
put a wood top on for a VERY sturdy workbench. It's so heavy that I am
going to add a set of stem casters.

I used some of the old minicomputer hard drive cabinets for rolling
work tables. They are a good height for some saws and a wood shaper.
ROll them in the corner when you don't need them, and take them outside
for big jobs.

I have a pair of enclosed 24" relay racks from some National
Semiconductor "Data Checker" Point of Sale systems with locking doors. I
use them to store delicate & expensive tools.

There is a pile of flat sides and dozens of 'U' shaped covers in the
back rooms of the garage, along with about 100 bed rails and frames from
1A2 KEy telephone systems. Another nice find is old metal burglar and
fire alarm cabinets. They make nice locking pull boxes, or a place to
hide CATV splitters & network hubs.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.