Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Car starter motor.

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

Many Jap cars use a Denso starter which uses a smaller but faster motor
and reduction gearing. Said to use a lot less current and produce more
torque. And I can buy one with a specially made mounting for my engine.
For more than an exchange Lucas one - but not so much as to be out of
the question.

A few years ago, I had a replacement starter on the old CX - and it was a
reduction gear type. It was astonishing how much more quickly it spun it
over. No probs with it before I sold the car.