Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default A Test for young people

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:31:51 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article 31, Zootal wrote:

I worked at a gas station when I was in school, and that is what we were
taught also. I think it was pretty much the definitive way to make change.
And it is so simple!

I read somewhere that in the years to come, after the technology crash
happens and we are back to mechanical cash registers, Wal-Mart will be
hiring all of use old programmers to run their cash registers because none
of the kids these days know how to count money and no one else out there
can do any math.

I was always the fastest of the cashiers. Back then, Indiana sales tax was
only 4%, and figuring that in my head was trivial. Much faster than looking it
up on the little chart...

When I was in Indiana, until 1966, the sales tax was 2 percent!

But i never knew where the borders were between 1 penny and the next.