Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default A Test for young people

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:42:17 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

[snip]

10. How did people send a letter before e-mail?

Snail Mail
Had a parcel sent to me in Africa in the seventies, preceded by an air
mail letter. The parcel arrived in 2 days, while the air-mail letter
took several weeks - - - - -.

In 2007, I tried to contact the owner of the house behind me (on the
same block). I mailed a letter to that address (even though the house
was vacant, someone might be getting the mail). The letter was
returned as undeliverable, early in 2010.

Boy, they really tried hard to deliver it!