Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Oppie[_6_] Oppie[_6_] is offline

Default Rigol scope performance

Last year the budget was practically non-existent and we needed to buy a new
scope for setting up an encoder system. It had to measure A-quad-B sinewaves
in a lissajous pattern and also monitor a square wave from the index
detection.
I had considered a 4 channel scope (could have used 2ch+ trigger input but
really needed to see phasing of all signals directly) and mixed signal
scopes. All were way out of budget to buy. Long term lease was not an
option.

Wound up looking at some options through Saelig. Had considered some PC
based options but turned out that in the 40MHz range that we could work
with, the Rigol DS1042DS did exactly what we needed for less than 1
Kilobucks. Very nice that it can connect to a PC and/or thumb drive to
store/read settings and controls. Had it for a year now and only complaint
is that the menus are a little hard to follow.

I have to say that while I try to buy American, this was a good value.

Oppie