Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
The Phantom The Phantom is offline

Default Rigol scope performance

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 06:26:49 -0600, "amdx" wrote:

"The Phantom" wrote in message
.. .
I recently had the opportunity to put a Rigol DS1204B to the test.

I'm not going to do a review now, but rather I'll show some technical
measurements.

I measured the frequency response with a 750 MHz sweep. The input signal
was
applied with a short length of 50 ohm coax, with a 50 ohm feed through
termination at the input BNC connector; the scope probe was not used.

I've also shown the response of an Agilent DSO5034 scope for comparison.

Why do you have the Agilent set at 1V/div and the Rigol at 100mv?
And the timebase isn't the same either?
What am I missing?
Mike

You've got it backwards; the Agilent shows 100 mV/div and the Rigol 1 V/div.

The signal was fed to the scopes without a probe; The last settings of the probe
scale factors were shown even though they have no effect on the display. The
Rigol had probably been used with a 10x probe, and the Agilent with a 1x probe.

The images were captured on different days, and the sweep speed of the scope
versus the speed of the generator must have been slightly different, but on both
occasions their relative values were adjusted to give 100 MHz per horizontal
division.