Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default New Harbor Freight multifunction tool

blueman wrote in
:

blueman writes:

Joe writes:
Those of you who said you needed a variable speed multi tool now
won't have to go to the big $$ brands for what you need. The
variable speed HF tool is on sale for $59.99, #67537.

Where do you see it on sale?
I just see it for the "list" price of $79.99

OK - although all of the catalogs and online prices mention the price
as $79.99, it is on sale in the stores for $59.99

I bought one (they actually took $20 off the price of it so it was
$39.99 and another $10 off another item if I in turn agreed to buy a
$29.99 Inside Track membership which I guess they are pushed to sell
-- so basically I got the membership for free).

Quality looks good. In particular, in addition to adding variable
speed it seems to have "solved" some of the complaints with the
earlier model, including:
- Raised 'dots' that engage with holes in the attachments, allowing
for
positive locking of the attachment which prevents the slipping that
reportedly plagued the regular model which needed the screw to be
wrenched down real tight to avoid slipping
- Pretty quiet -- quieter than a pad sander
- More ergonomic shape

In terms of actual use, I only played with it for a few minutes using
it to test cut a 1x4 and to do some light sanding of a some pine. It
worked nicely in that short trial.

For $60 it seems like a good investment and a great bargain relative
to the Fein.

Has anybody else had experience with it?

Thanks for posting that info.