Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default A Test for young people

Zootal wrote:
Sam E wrote in
:

[snip]

Ask them to tell you what time it is using a regular clock instead of a
digital one...LOL...

For how long will an analog clock be called "regular"?

We quit calling analog clocks "normal" and "regular" many years ago...my
kids see an analog clock on the wall, and they ask me what that funny
looking thing is.

Just recently I was wondering if my grandchildren will be taught to read
an analog clock FIRST. Analog clocks actually require less thought then
digital. You can look at an analog clock and without figuring the exact
time, you can almost instantly know about what time it is just be the
position of the hands. And many of them don't even have numbers,
because our minds don't need numbers to figure out analog time. Sort of
like looking at the sun, but a little more complex.

With a digital clock your mind has to calculate each number and come up
with an answer.