Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A Test for young people

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 04:51:00 -0800 (PST), Bob Villa
wrote:

I pumped hundreds of thousands of gallons at 46.9 cents - and with the

inevitable gas wars of the late sixties I bought more than one tank
full for less than 11 cents per gallon.

I remember when gas was around 20c/gal (55+yrs ago) late fifties and
there was a gas war, the lowest being 12.9 cents. Your recollection
is hard to believe!

In Fergus Ontario, back in 1969 or 1970, one gas station actually PAID
people to put gas in their tanks one day, to show how ridiculous the
gas war situation was.

And we are talking TINY Canadian cents for BIG Canadian Gallons,
too!!!!!

I remember our boy getting into our '67 truck for the first time

last year and looking around for the switch to operate the electric
windows... funny how people come to rely on technology.

I've heard of people being in tears because they couldn't unlock their
car (dead fob battery). A passerby helped by taking their keys and
unlocking the door.

bob