Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Frost your nuts?

In article , "Mike Marlow" wrote:

I agree with you conclusions above, but at least around here, that's not the
norm at all. There was a short time a couple of years ago when used trucks
were going for very close to the price of new, but that was very unusual,
and did not last long.

That said, though.... trucks do seem to hold their value pretty well. I bought
my first house in 1983, just after an unpleasant divorce that left me pretty
well strapped for cash. The house itself was cheap, bought for a dollar under
a HUD program called "Urban Homesteading", but needed a fair amount of fixup
work, and I needed something to haul building materials with. I could not find
*any* pickup trucks of *any* age, in driveable condition, for less than a
thousand dollars (!!!). Wound up paying $175 for the worst used vehicle I've
ever owned, a 1967 Ford van, but it was the first thing I found that I could
afford. About a year later, I acquired a girlfriend who had a full-size Chevy
Silverado... we celebrate our 25th anniversary later this year. g