Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default CH Inhibitor - how much, when and where?

"Toby" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message

"Usenet Nutter" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:36:08 -0000, "Toby"
wrote:

Turn of the valves (Count the turns on the lock shield and write it down
somewhere!)
Open the bleed screw to relese any pressure, but then close the bleed
screw
(you shouldn't get very much water out, if any).
put old towels around the valves and then undo the nuts about half a
turn.
lift the radiator off the wall brachet and then hinge it down so the top
is
now on the floor.
Do up the nuts.

I remember someone had the idea of a fitting that screwed on to the
wall behind the rad and another to the rad and both were connected by
a chain so you loosened the nuts and pulled it forward and it was held
by the chain.....don't think it ever took off tho'

But if you remove it you can properly flush the radiator. I also like to
rub them down with wet & dry and paint them when lying horizontal - (on
the dining room table! )

Does someone have to hold the radiator for you, when you are lying on the
dining room table!?

Very amusing image!

Seriously - I hate paint runs and also paint doors by lying the door across
the table to paint it. The hard bit is resisting trying to re-fit the door
whilst the paint is still soft.