Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fast and accurate way to cut plasterboard to match patress boxes - how do *you* do it?

In article
,
JimK wrote:
Assuming you know exactly where you want all the sockets, etc. It's
sometimes best to wait a bit and decide on room layout first. Instead
of having most behind bits of furniture. But YMMV.

yup - best to know where sockets are going before starting wiring and
*most definitely* before fixing plasterboard and plastering over it
all etc.... erm....??.... ;)

Depends on the house design. I'm used to suspended ordinary wood floors
and partition walls so the wiring is done via them - not through the
walls. The only room in this house where I've fitted sockets before
plastering was the kitchen which has solid brick walls all round, being an
extension. And wish now I'd left it till afterwards - despite the
additional work ;-)

--
*If a thing is worth doing, wouldn't it have been done already?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.