Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What happened to dialectric unions in California on January 1st, 2010?

I tried to follow advice here to use a dialectric union to join 3/4"
galvanized pipe to copper to repair a leaky galvanized pipe.

But, when I went to Home Depot today, they said they had to remove all
their dialectric unions in the entire state of California as of January
1st, 2010.

Can someone confirm what is going on? I checked two Home Depots and both
had that entire section removed according to the plumbing people.

*Go to a plumbing supply and get the facts.