Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Now why didn't I get one before?

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Swingman" wrote

Cheap clamps, which can be put in harm's way without any worry, and
double sided tape, are both a couple of other bargains at HF.
--

Yep, I had the job recently of having to derust a bunch of metal that had
been stored improperly. Before ,when I did this job like this, I had a

I ended up destroying a couple clamps. But the others are fine and the job
was actually accomplished in less time than if I had some human help.

Oh man Lee - next time you have to do this, go get one of their needle
scalers. I bought one when I tore my truck apart last year to put a new
body on it. Used the needle scaler to clean the frame. What a magic tool
that is! A word of warning - you'll want good hearing protection when
you're using it though. And... you'll feel that tingle of youth throughout
your whole body after an hour of using it. But... you should see the rust
just fall of as you run it down the frame. Gets something like that clean
enough to just blow Rustoleum straight on. Of course, you'll need their
Binks Model 7 knock off (or for real men - a real Binks model 7), to blow
the stuff on straight out of the can.

--

-Mike-