Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default Tile Question

benick wrote:
"Kate" wrote in message
I am planning to have tile installed in a small bathroom. I don't
know much about this, but I am going to hire a professional and would
like to know a little bit about what to ask.

This floor now has linoleum on it. Can the tile be laid over the
linoleum, or will it have to be ripped out?

Can I rip it out myself, or is it a hard job?

Is there a certain brand of tile I should stay away from?

Any other tips you can give me would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Kate

No you will have to put down cement board or other type of tile backer ,
usually 1/2 inch...Your contractor will tell you what he prefers...You
MAY have to rip out the old floor down to the subfloor depending on your
situation...ie door heights ect...HTH...

It does help. Thanks so much.