Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob[_37_] Bob[_37_] is offline

Default A Test for young people

On 1/28/2010 09:25, Zootal wrote:

11. You buy an item for $1.27. You hand the clerk two dollars. Without a
using a calculator, how much change should you get back?

We've seen kids at a cash register practically in tears trying to make
change when the power went out.

What's worse is delivery people who don't know how to give change that
encourages tipping. For example, a pizza order for $14.95. The
customer hands over a $20, and gets a nickel and a $5 in change. Being
a kind and compassionate customer, I might let the guy keep the nickel.
But if he gave out a nickel, four quarters, and four singles I might
be inclined to give a bigger tip (if the pizza is still hot).