Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Hey Bruce, ring wiring

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:32:55 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:09:48 -0500, Ecnerwal
wrote:

The thing I get irritated with is the single ground screw, which means
you keep having to fark around with a pigtail and wirenut to run a
series of outlets. Most of the time THREE places to connect a ground
wire would be really nice (in, out, box.) Two would work well enough
(just leave one wire end long to connect to the box) but one is
frustrating.

According to my understanding, you would not be allowed to take
advantage of multiple grounding screws on a receptacle.

250.148(B) says,

"The arrangement of grounding connections shall be such that the
disconnection or the removal of a receptacle, luminaire (fixture), or
other device fed from the box will not interfere with or interrupt the
grounding continuity."

All that means is that all ground wires must be attached to the box,
one should then continue to the receptacle, or a ground wire from the
fixture should be attached to the box. Thus removal of anything from
the box will not disturb the ground wires of the circuit.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada