Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default furnace; fire lights - no fan; where is the temp relay?

On Jan 28, 11:39*am, "Existential Angst"
wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On Jan 28, 12:18 am, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On Jan 27, 10:41 pm, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

"okey" wrote in message

The fire box is lighting but the furnace fan doesn't come on. Where
is the temp relay? I've got a York Stellar Plus, Model P1UDD12N09501A
with a Honeywell Chronotherm 3 stat.

I assume the whole circuit is in the furnace itself BUT it could be in
the stat as well. I know I can turn the furnace fan hard on at the
thermostat. Maybe the York return a firebox temperature signal to the
C3.

You should have crossposted this to alt.hvac, so the alt.home.repair
people
can see just how sociopathic and stupid the alt.hvac crowd really is.
You
won't get an ounce of help from those assholes, unless being told to go
****
yourself is helpful.

Here's what I would do if I couldn't sleuth stuff out, or didn't want to
spend much money.
Wire in a relay (that can handle the blower current) to the gas valve,
so
when the gas valve comes on, the blower comes on. Wahlah, nada mas.
If you really want to get fancy, spring for a time-delay relay, but that
will cost much more.

Note that with the blower *not* coming on now, you are heat-stressing
the
innards, forcing it to shut off on high temp.
And what if the high-temp limit switch malfunctions?? New furnace!.

So this may not be the purist's solution, but it's a workable solution.