Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default How much a clothes dryer cost to use? Again ......

On Jan 28, 1:22*pm, JP wrote:
Cost to run dryer

I live on the Central Oregon Coast & my electric company says its
about27.6 cents per HR
our rates are 6.14 cents per kilowatt hr.

There was one common model we used in one of the Gulf states called
the Indesit, made IIRC in Italy.
It was quickly nicknamed 'THE INDECENT' .
Problem was that once you started it you couldn't open the door! It
didn't use much water and took ages to rock back and forth and 'do' a
wash. Then the problem of drying clothes. Either hanging them up in
front of the AC (even that was dusty) or finally installing a large US
style 230 volt dryer. The electricity btw, was all 230 volt 50 hertz.