Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Paint at Wickes

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:36:11 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Opened a tin of [some palish, brownish colour] and it was grey! Much
stirring later, it was the correct colour - phew!

I bought a paint mixing paddle from Toolstation a while ago
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hand.../d10/sd/p92433

Bought it for stirring Stain Stop paint - which takes quite a bit of mixing
to work 100% IME.

Brilliant little thing, used in a drill driver on low speed, no splashes.
Its become so handy I wouldn't be without it now.

Needs to be slow! My brother mixed about 3 li in a 5 li tin, using a pillar
dril, got distracted and caught the tin. Apart from the angle that he
stopped, the room was, er, painted! He saved about -2 days in time.
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.