Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default Fast and accurate way to cut plasterboard to match patress boxes- how do *you* do it?

On Jan 28, 3:20 pm, " wrote:
Fast and accurate way to cut plasterboard to match patress boxes - how
do *you* do it?

do you mean dry line boxes or metal boxes already fixed to wall?

Tried a plasterboard saw (slow, not terribly accurate)

mmm is it any good? they cut on the push to avoid tearing the pboard
paper "out",

If they have big teeth they cut quicker!

I have an ancient Stanley pboard blade (that you put in a stanley
knife handle) but the teeth are small and it gums up quick then
bends... the cheapo thick "proper" pboard saw is more accurate and the
few large teeth cut quick....

I'd prefer to fix the patress boxes on the studs first, measure the
loose board with reasonable accuracy, take out a core in the board, in
approximately the right place with a holesaw, pull the cables through
the hole, fix the board, then trim the plasterboard to match the
patress box.

spose if you can't use pboard backboxes (appleby et al) then I suppose
that's it...
if you *can* use applebys then I would defo use them and avoid all the
sh1t you're pondering now...

Cheers
JimK