Posted to uk.d-i-y
george [dicegeorge] george [dicegeorge] is offline

Default Fast and accurate way to cut plasterboard to match patress boxes- how do *you* do it?

To install several Cat5e cable sockets, in a house with plasterboard
walls, I've used the Bosch equivalent to the Fein (with a good plunge
cut blade that, OK, is now tatty :-) ). I put tape around the blade as a
depth marker and was able to cut the plasterboard without cutting the
damp proofing membrane on the insulation in the cavity behind. I was
able to extract the rectangular cut-outs, with no over-cutting in the
corners beyond the lip of the front-inserted plasterboard-wall back box.

Neatest job I've done on a wall for some time... :-)

Which of the many bosch PMF blades is best for this job?

it's a fantastic tool, i'v bought one of each blade but only used a few
so far
(mainly i use it for aggressive sanding and floorboard cutting)

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/..._med ium=ncpc

http://www.mtmc.co.uk/product.asp?P_... ny&PT_ID=all

[g]