Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Magic Jack........again

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:32:18 -0500, "Questor" wrote:

"willshak" wrote in message
om...
Metspitzer wrote the following:
A friend of mine said his dad just got Magic Jack.
Guess what? He is having the same problem with echo and unreliable
calls as everyone else has.

It would be nice if the thing worked. I could give up my house phone
if Magic Jack had a reliable answering service.

For the cheap price, missing an outgoing call is not bad, but I can't
have missing incoming calls.

I have a Magic Jack. I got it because my wife is on the house phone almost
all morning with relatives and friends, and my cell phone does not work
well in the basement where I have my office and computer. My main use is
to call my bank, credit card companies, and other businesses for support
or information.. I don't receive calls on it and no one knows my MJ
number.
So far, it works as well as a regular phone.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I hear in about 4 mo. MJ is supposed to come out with a unit that acts like
a mini cell tower for the home allowing free calls to an from cell phones in
the home for the same price.

That is one of the reasons I don't give up my home phone. I don't
want to have to carry my cell phone around the house to answer the
phone.