Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Sony KD32DX51 CRT tv colour problems

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 08:27:54 +0000, Kroma wrote:

On 28/01/2010 03:05, William Sommerwerck wrote:
Sometimes the picture is perfect but on some scenes,
about half a second to a second after the scene has
changed on screen, the colour suddenly either develops
a peachy-pink tone or appears to over-saturate. It
depends on what the picture on-screen is.

In what way?

It's difficult to say but it is certainly worse when the picture is
brighter.

This is also occurring with menus and on all video inputs.

That pretty much leaves out the color demodulator.

"Something" is wrong in (probably) the red amplification, or the red gun of
the CRT. You'll have to put a 'scope in the path and see what's fluctuating.

Unfortunately I'm not brave enough to rummage inside a CRT tv and risk
death. Is this likely to be something that's easily fixed and would it
tend to be costly?

Personally, I'd guess the latter. Finding service people today is
hard, good service people, almost impossible, reasonably priced
service people... Well, you get the picture. g

If you are unwilling to touch it inside, you are limited in what you
can do.

One thing might be to turn it off, unplug it, and let it sit for a few
days to allow any charged capacitors to discharge. Then open it and
reseat all the connectors you can find (carefully). That may help.