Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Thanks, Dad

wrote in news:31t1m5p912g9cgfus3fvsmkqequa5sqo2n@
4ax.com:

It's really not "nice" to say it - but with alzheimers already
diagnosed, the fast end will likely be easier to take, for everyone
involved, than a long, lingering deterioration, with Dad still being
"there", but not quite really being either "dad" OR "there".

I think it is nice not to have to suffer from mental disintegration. I
certainly didn't like it when Dad was sitting in the hospital chair
chewing newspaper, becaue "it is the antidote to the posin the Germans
are giving me".

Just too bad it had to happen, just like it's too bad he had to suffer
from Alzheimers..

We need to be clearminded (= not too sentimetal, but almost like
ruthless) to think of "nice" ways to quit this life. These things are
far from easy, and there are always questions of in hindsight I/we could
have done differently.

DAMHIKT.

In the aggregate, it is best to do a lot of talking amongst the family
members and making decisions that are well thought out, not at the spur
of the moment, but agreed upon in as much consensus as possible. The
welfare (mental as well as physical) of the affected family member is
what should count.

(I had minor surgery and am taking pain medications, so please excuse
ramblings that you might not agree with)

--
Best regards
Han