Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT Frost your nuts?

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:50:37 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Jan 27, 10:20*am, Chris Friesen wrote:
On 01/27/2010 09:09 AM, HeyBub wrote:

You can't run an Aluminum production facility - that takes Gigawatts of
power - off of sunbeams. Ever.

You underestimate the sun.

Average insolation for the earth is 250W/m^2. *Using arrays of mirrors
to focus heat it would take a reflective area 1kmx4km to generate 1GW of
power.

Chris

This is likely to spark a load of questions. There is a really cool
saying in Dutch which translates into "one fool can ask more questions
than a 1thousand wise men can answer."
Apply when needed, rinse and repeat. G

Let's apply it to Chris' comment, shall we?

---
"Some of us are wondering if we have created a monster."
Kevin Vranes, climate scientist, University of Colorado
talking about global warming hysteria, January, 2007.