Posted to rec.woodworking
LDosser LDosser is offline

Default Frost your nuts?

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news

But I do have opinions on some of these things. Such as the following:

1) Climate and weather are 2 very different things.

That's not an opinion - that is a fact.

2) The body of evidence supporting the prevailing opinion on global
warming is vast.

The body of DATA is vast, whether those data represent evidence is
questioned by some.

3) The body of evidence supporting the naysayers is quite thin.

True.

4) Man does not know enough to be 100% certain of anything regarding
climate and all the factors that affect it.

Agreed. We know that we don't know and we don't even know whether knowing
is unknowable.

5) Man knows a lot more than he did 10 years ago on the subject. And
it is enough to conclude there is a high probability that human
activities are raising the temperature of the earth.

Temperature are probably rising. Man has been active. So far all that can
be said is there is a correlation, not a consequence.

I think this can be accepted as Given. All organisms alter their environment
to some extent. Though humans do not constitute the largest biomass - IIRC,
that goes to microbes - our impact is magnified by our technology.

I'd like to see what would happen if ALL of the current researchers, etc
were told to go home and we'll pay a new crew to evaluate your work and a
second new crew to work on amelioration, if needed.

The lamenting and tearing of hair would be heard 'round the world!

This is ALL about MONEY.