Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave__67 Dave__67 is offline

Default Archery Experiment

On Jan 27, 10:57*pm, "azotic" wrote:
"Ignoramus27891" wrote in message

On 2010-01-28, William Wixon wrote:

"Dave__67" wrote in message

I prefer a 50 gal trashbag full of acetylene and oxygen.

Nuclear purple flash, a bang that'll echo for 10 seconds (at least in
the hudson valley), surprisingly little destructive power, and no
evidence except tiny bits of melted plastic.

I was thinking, buy 3-4 helium balloons, tie one balloon full of O/A
to them, add a fuse, light the fuse and let it fly up in the air
before exploding. Kids might like it.

Turn it into a science project, fill your ballons with hydrogen/oxygen by
electrolysis of water instead of using O/A.

Best Regards
Tom.

I've lit mixtures of H2 and O2 from electrolysis, and the reaction did
not seem nearly as energetic as acetylene and oxygen.

Dave