Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Hey Bruce, ring wiring

"Wild_Bill" wrote:

Any time I've ever worked with wire nuts, I've wanted to make a socket to
drive them on with a cordless drill, but never got around to it.
I'd use a vise-grip firmly (no crushing) attached axially to the nut to give
a greater turning torque advantage because I always want to get them tight
(not just on) even though the wires are twisted together tightly.

Towards the end of the last job, I was using my needle nose pliers to pick up the wings of
the wire nuts to ease the loads my thumb. That helped a lot. Funny how my bionic hands
turned into achy breaky in the span of a year.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller