Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default The Future of US Kids Making Stuff...

On Jan 27, 5:00*pm, "DoN. Nichols" wrote:
...I wonder whether using low TC mica capacitors
and hand-drawn resistors would produce something more stable. *...

I was curious and checked the temperature change of several types of
caps with a Boonton meter. Baked-bean micas changed perhaps 5% from
ice water to a heat gun blast. Multilayer ceramics dropped about in
half when heated, tantalums much more. The 1% metal film resistors
that company used for everything didn't change much at all.

jsw