Posted to rec.woodworking
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default Saw blade charpening

On Jan 26, 5:22*pm, "SBH" wrote:
With several saw blades on hand, I hate to purchase more to replace the dull
ones. Therefore, I'm considering having them sharpened and asking those who
sharpen their blades for recommendations.

I have also considered the option of doing it myself, though I can imagine
the machine is expensive. BUT...I saw a blade sharpening machine from Harbor
Freight and wondered if anyone uses it? Yea yea, HF, I know, don't do it,
but sometimes they have a gem in the rough.

All inputs appreciated.

When I lived in Houston, I had my TS blades sharpened at Circle Saw.
I've since moved to Florida and the town I live in is too small to
support a sharpening service on it own. I now drop them off at my hard
wood supplier who acts as a collection point for a sharpener who picks
up and re-delivers the blades on a weekly schedule. If you use your
blades every day you will need spare blades to tide you over.
I definitely agree you should try out any new sharpener with one blade
to see if you pleased with his work.

Joe G