Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Brandt Rick Brandt is offline

Default OT Cell phone caller ID

wrote:
The last I knew, most cell phone companies did not provide name
information with their caller id data. The "Steve and Kathy" is
coming from the called phone's address book. If you call someone you
never called before, they will only see the number.

That's not how my family's phones work. I have a phone issued by my
employer and my wife and two kids are all on a plan that my wife set up at
Sprint. Even though the numbers are different and I have each set up in my
phone's contact-list, the caller-ID for all three comes up with my wife's
name. Apparently it is whoever is on the account. She asked the question
and was told they could not do anything about that.

That's not to say that some phones don't have a feature that works as you
describe. It seems an easy enough thing to program. I just know that my
phone doesn't work that way.